The main objectives of FRONTIERS were the following:
- The selection of a series of scientific research outreach programs that successfully introduce the scientific methodology in school science education, by utilizing existing research infrastructures of frontier research institutions enriched with online tools
- The integration of these initiatives under a common educational approach and development of the FRONTIERS Demonstrators that could be exploited and widely used from the educational communities in Europe and beyond.
- The creation of virtual learning communities of educators, students and researchers and involve them in extended episodes of playful learning.
- The systematic validation of the proposed approaches and activities in order to identify their impact in terms of the effectiveness and efficiency.
- The design and implementation of a systematic raising awareness strategy that will contribute to the effective communication of the project’s results and outcomes.